Best 1TB External Hard Drive
Western Digital Passport Portable is the best 1TB External Hard Drive!
Get this product now with a 30% discount just by clicking here
The 1tb External hard drive reviewed here are categorized in two: the desktop external hard drives and the portable external hard drives. So be sure to know exactly what you want, if you need a hard drive to go with your laptop, you are better off with a 1tb portable external hard drive. However, if you just need an external hard drive for backups that would mostly stay at your home or office, then choose the desktop external hard drives. Take note though, that the desktop variation needs a separate power source.
Our Top Portable and Desktop 1TB External Hard Drive
Top 1tB External Hard Drive – Portable Category
For laptop users or people on the go, the best choice would be a portable external hard drive. They come in different sizes and colors but are mostly very portable in both size and weight. They are a bit more expensive than their desktop counterpart but the extra $20-$30 is worth it considering the portability and the fact that it does not need a separate power source.
Below are our list for the top portable 1tb external hard drives:
- Western Digital Passport Portable 1tb External hard drive – Ever since western digital came out with the passport model, we have remained loyal to this particular brand and model. And by the number of reviews it has been getting, it seems a lot of users share the same sentiment. Here are a few features we love about the WD passport:
- Size & Weight – Literally fits in your pocket and weighs only 7.2 ounces and it’s even thinner than a deck of cards
- USB 2/3 compatible. Make sure to take advantage of usb 3, it’s actually 3x faster than usb 2!
- Has over 700+ reviews at amazon (others have less than 400)
- It comes in three other different colors if you despise being dull
- Has the ability to perform automatic backups, you won’t even know it’s there!
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB – The seagate FreeAgent must be the second most popular 1tb external hard drive today. The only reason we would choose this over the Western digital passport is it’s ability to be connected to the tv via a dock (which you will have to buy at an additional cost), but if your TV can already read from USBs then there certainly is no need for that option. Other than that, we still stand by Western digital for reliability despite the 3 year warranty that goes with this drive.
- Size & Weight – It’s slightly bigger and heavier than the WD Passport but at it’s current size and weight is still portable enough to carry around
- Cheaper than the WD passport, in fact it’s one of the most affordable portable hard drives out there
- You can connect this to your TV if you buy the dock. This, to us is an invaluable option that would make you want to get this hard drive.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty. Other manufacturers only offer two!
You may also want to consider purchasing a carrying case for your 1tb external hard drive for added protection!